Thank you to everyone who has signed up to volunteer coach so far! We are still in need of more coaches & asst coaches.
Please sign up by Feb 13th so that we know how many spots we can open for general registration on the 15th.
Registration is now open for the families of anyone who is signing up as coach or assistant coach. (You may register all children at this time, not just the ones that you are coaching.) The number of children that can play depends solely on the number of volunteer coaches that sign up. If you’re planning to coach or assistant coach this year, please register early so that we know how many player spots to open up.
General registration opens on February 15th.
Volunteer coaching is easy and rewarding! If you’ve never coached before you can attend a free coaching clinic, and we’ll provide you all with drills, games, and practice ideas to use with the kids. Most new coaches say that after the first couple of practices they felt great, more confident and were glad they tried it. Remember, as a recreational league we put the focus on fun and fitness, and not competition.
This year we have added a U10 Saturday only option. We are keeping the U10 M/W division also. And a U12 M/W division.
- Coaching your children gives you more time to spend with them – on and off the field. You’ll have one more thing in common with your children and you’ll have a common goal.
- As their coach, you’ll have some control over the types of things they’re learning, how they’re being taught, and what they’re exposed to.
- Coaching is a good way to meet other people in your community and get involved. You’ll quickly get to know the parents of your child’s friends and you’ll feel more a part of the community.
- Coaching kids’ sports is a great way to get in shape or stay in shape. It’s good exercise and will help keep you active.
- Your child will love it. They may not say it or show it, but kids like to see their parents involved in what they do.
- You get a snazzy whistle and the kids will listen to every word you say.
|Fee||Year of Birth||Division||Days of Play|
|U4||$55||2017||Mixed||Saturday 9:30 – 10:30|
|U5||$65||2016||Mixed||Satday 10:45 – 11:45|
|U5/U6||$65||2015/16||Mixed||Tuesdays & Thursdays 6:30-7:30|
|U6||$65||2015||Mixed||Saturday 10:45 – 11:45|
|U8||$85||2013/14||Mixed||Mondays & Wednesdays 6:30-7:30|
|U8||$85||2013/14||Girls||Mondays & Wednesdays 6:30-7:30|
|U8||$85||2013/14||Mixed||Saturday 9:30 – 10:30|
|U10||$85||2011/12||Mixed||Mondays & Wednesdays 6:30-7:30|
|U10||$85||2011/2012||Mixed||Saturday 10:45 – 11:45|
The goal is to place two coaches with each team as well as provide coach training and practice schedules. This is a very rewarding volunteer position and the program cannot run without you.
April 18 or 19 – Dates and times TBD. Coach clinic & equipment pick up.
April 25 th – Season starts – First practice for Saturday teams
April 27th – Season starts – First practice for M/W teams
May 24 – Photos at the Bearspaw Lion’s Hall. Schedule will be posted on the website closer to the date
June 20 th – Last practice / game. Photos and medals distributed
June 17st – Last game for M/W teams. Photos and medals distributed
Schedules will be posted on our website prior to the start of the season.
Thanks so much, I’m looking forward to a fun season!